31 March 2021
SIAC Sets a New Record in 2020

The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) is pleased to announce the official release of its 2020 Annual Report.

2020 saw SIAC set a new record with 1,080 new case filings. This is the first time that SIAC’s caseload has crossed the 1000-case threshold. Of the 1,080 cases, 1,063 (98%) were cases administered by SIAC, which is also a record. The remaining 17 (2%) cases were ad hoc appointments.

SIAC’s total sum in dispute for 2020 was USD 8.49 billion (SGD 11.25 billion) which was a 4.9% increase from 2019.

Parties from 60 jurisdictions chose to arbitrate at SIAC in 2020. India, US and China topped the foreign user rankings. Other top foreign users encompassed a broad spectrum of civil and common law jurisdictions, including Switzerland, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong SAR, Vietnam, Japan and Cayman Islands.

The Press Release may be read in full here.

You are here: Home Resources Archive News & Events Archive (2021) SIAC Sets a New Record in 2020

Contact Us

28 Maxwell Road #03-01
Maxwell Chambers Suites
Singapore 069120

Email: corpcomms@siac.org.sg