8 April 2020
SIAC Sets a New Record in 2019

The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) is pleased to announce the official release of its 2019 Annual Report.

2019 saw SIAC set a new record with 479 new case filings. Of the 479 cases, 454 (95%) were cases administered by SIAC, which is also an all-time record. The remaining 25 (5%) cases were ad hoc appointments. This is the third consecutive year that SIAC’s caseload has exceeded 400.

SIAC’s total sum in dispute for 2019 was USD 8.09 billion (SGD 10.91 billion) which was a 14.6% increase from 2018.

Parties from 59 jurisdictions chose to arbitrate at SIAC in 2019. While India, China and USA retained their top foreign user rankings, other significant contributors to SIAC’s caseload included new entrants from Brunei, the Philippines and Thailand, as well as parties from Switzerland, UAE and UK, which is testament to SIAC’s global appeal to users from diverse legal systems and cultures.

Mr Gary Born, President of the Court of Arbitration of SIAC, commented: “2019 was another banner year for SIAC. The number of SIAC arbitrations increased, with strong growth from all regions of the world, and parties, counsel and arbitrators reporting deep satisfaction in the quality of SIAC’s services. We look forward, despite the challenges, to another record year in 2020.”

Mr Davinder Singh, SC, Chairman of SIAC, said: “We are delighted that so many from around the world have placed their trust in us. We remain committed to ensure that SIAC will provide the best service ever in this field.”

Ms Lim Seok Hui, CEO of SIAC, said: “We are deeply grateful to our users from all over the world for entrusting SIAC with the resolution of their disputes. This will firmly motivate us to do better.”

For more information, please contact:

Singapore International Arbitration Centre
T: +65 6713 9777
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
W: www.siac.org.sg
You are here: Home Resources Archive News & Events Archive (2020) SIAC Sets a New Record in 2019

Contact Us

28 Maxwell Road #03-01
Maxwell Chambers Suites
Singapore 069120

Email: corpcomms@siac.org.sg